So from time to time I like to document my art making process. This is a self portrait I did about 4 months ago.. I went back and did a few revisions after the final picture was taken just to fix the right eye and tone down a few of the warmer colors. With that being said... ENJOY!
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Thursday, September 16, 2010
get fresh and take a ride around the neighborhood! this actually look to be a good time!
for official info and/or to reserve your catered 14 buck lunch click here
to rsvp for the ride click here
Miami’s Beloved Cultural Center Since 1926
Tucked into Miami’s contemporary skyline is an enchanting Mediterranean courtyard with shimmering stars and golden balconies. Majestic turrets and towers suggest another era when performances were events, and grand theaters provided a dreamlike escape from the modern world.
The Olympia Theater at the Gusman Center for the Performing Arts is not just a “venue” – is the jewel of South Florida arts and entertainment facilities, affording South Florida’s diverse community and its international guests a unique cultural experience that defies comparison.
As you are aware, the Gusman Center has been informed that due to the City of Miami’s budget shortfall, the Theater may not receive funding from the City for the coming fiscal year. Without this financial support, after 84 years in our community, the Gusman’s doors could be forced to close permanently before the year is out.
8 WAYS TO SAVE THE GUSMAN
1. LEARN THE FACTS. The City of Miami has threatened to stop funding the city-owned Gusman Center, a cultural and historic landmark critical to the vitality of downtown. Visit the Advocacy and Press pages at Friends of Gusman website at www.friendsofgusmancenter.org to understand why and what you can do.
2. DONATE. Help Friends of Gusman save the theater by making a tax-deductible donation online at the Friends of Gusman website at www.friendsofgusmancenter.org.
3. CONTACT YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS AND ATTEND THE CITY OF MIAMI BUDGET HEARINGS. Support Friends of Gusman’s efforts to restore the necessary funding in the city budget. Tell your officials that the Gusman is critical to revitalizing downtown Miami. Sign the online petition, and send your officials a letter directly from our site http://www.friendsofgusmancenter.org/advocacy.html.
When: September 14 at 4:00 pm (1st Budget Hearing)
When: September 27 at 4:00 pm (2nd Budget Hearing)
Where: City of Miami Commission Chambers,
3500 Pan American Drive, Miami.
**** T-shirts will be handed out to all those who come out in support.
Please look for us wearing SAVE GUSMAN shirts at the entrance to City Hall. Phone for more information: Daniella Sforza 305-308-0802, or Robert Hernandez 786-325-8093.
4. CONTACT THE MEDIA. Send your 150-word letter to HeraldEd@MiamiHerald.com; Fax: 305-376-8950; or The Readers’ Forum, Miami Herald, One Herald Plaza, Miami, FL 33132-1693. Include your name, address and a daytime telephone number. Letters may be edited for grammar, brevity and clarity. All letters submitted become the property of The Miami Herald.
5. TELL YOUR FRIENDS. Tell your friends about Friends of Gusman and give send them the link to our page: www.friendsofgusmancenter.org.
6. VISIT THE THEATER. Visit the theater’s online calendar at www.gusmancenter.org/events for a complete list of upcoming shows and community events.
7. RENT THE THEATER. Contact Assistant Theater Director Joyce Fleming at 305-374-2444 or email@example.com to discuss renting the Gusman for your performance, social function or corporate event.
8. STAY IN TOUCH. Ask questions and share your ideas on the Gusman Center's Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/gusmancenter, and sign up to receive the theater's monthly e-newsletter at the official Gusman Center website www.gusmancenter.org.
Monday, September 13, 2010
Friday, September 10, 2010
The O'Clock watch is a silicon timepiece that is produced in Italy. It comes in 3 sizes (small, medium & large) so it comfortably fits virtually anyone and it's water resistant so feel free to jump in the shower with it!
It's a personal preference whether you want to wear it fitted like a standard watch or loose like a bracelet. The sizes measure as follows:
Small - 3"
Medium - 3.5"
Large - 3.9"
@ only $36 a pop you can get fresh for the low! check out the site here
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
I will have work on display at the Adrienne Arsht center this Sunday for the Fall for the Arts festival. This is a FREE EVENT that goes from 12pm - 6pm so feel free to pass through.. the event will feature:
The best of Miami's cultural and community service organizations coming together to celebrate the start of the art season...
Two performance stages
Seminars on community based projects
giveaways from over 100 arts organizations
more the 30 Adrienne Arsht center shows on sale
You will find my work under the Life is Art tent/booth