Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Pandora: my new love in streaming radio feeds



So a few of my friends got the new 3G iphone... and all they have been discussing was a site they use on their phones called Pandora. It streams radio to your pc, phone, and various other devices that you may have in your home. As far as i can tell , it is only set up for certain AT&T as well as certain Sprint phones.

Me being the proud owner of an HTC Mogul Smartphone figured that i could enjoy with no probs... but apparently my super phone isn't so super in this area.

next step, to check it out on my PC. All I can say is I'm lovin this thing!

now first let me explain that the full name of the site is "Pandora: radio from the music genome project".. now foregoing all the big brother/new world order jokes that can be attached to such a name, the beauty of this radio player is that it first asks you to list an artist or song... it then analyzes the basic elements of the sound/ structure of the artist or song and builds a play list of similar styled music.

I decided to test it by submitting RJD2... and it worked like a charm. You can also create multiple radio stations to listen to from anywhere you have online access. I really think that this is all I'll be listening to for a while.

You can hear it for yourself at: http://www.Pandora.com

No comments: