Monday, December 7, 2009

adding my two cents to the pile of change left on Art Basel miami



So it's Monday... i am still fighting the remnants of fatigue left by the four day whirlwind that is Miami Art Basel. Overall i will say I had a great time.... in years past i would go to the big show at the convention center and 1 or two openings/events. This year I reside myself to go as hard as possible in the afternoons and nights, while continuing to be an active and contributing member of the workforce at my day job..... what a mistake.. lol

With the previous said and done.. three nods, three cheers, and a tip of the hat go to the organizers, city officials, police, artists, and all others that took part in this mega cultural marathon. With as many people that where in miami from north miami to coral gables... all things ran smoothly.

bellow are the shows and event i saw/ attended in no particular order:

AquaMiami
Mutiversal art show
Graffiti Gone Global by SushiSamba
Art show @ O.H.W.O.W
Eat your art out by MSG
Charcoal Gallery New Brow show
Scope Miami
Foci Gallery
Art Basel big show @ the convention center
Imaginary Friends
Foci Gallery show
Transit Lounge Party
Mural Park featuring public works
Art Miami
Artcenter of Florida's new brow show
First Flight Group Graffiti wall off of sw 7th ave and 34th

all were great.... the stand outs would have to be AquaMiami and the Scope miami show... they by far where hands down the two best shows of the weekend.

side notes I actually met artists el Mac & Retna while they were doing an amazing mammoth sized mural just off of 195 and I95... they are really some laid back super cool guys. I also met Mear one at the Scope show.... he has gotta be one of the most humble human being I've met in my life... I was truly impressed and honored. Above are some pictures from the weekend.... enjoy!

No comments: